Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A scene from the Iraqi nightmare

In one of the most tragedian and horrifying accidents of what is going on in Iraq now-a-days is what happened to my younger brother Marouf, age 45.
He was so peaceful man, so kind, so real believer in God and his wills.
He served his country for all his life. after those dam usless wars of saddam and after a long long endless military sevice, get married and starts his own civilian life, struggling to build himself and to catch the train!
After many jobs he tried as a carpenter, as a taxi driver he settled as a junior retailer of poultry requirements in central Baghdad.
Got four kids, two daughter and two sons, the oldest is 8 years old, the youngest is just 4 months old.
A week ago some local militia forces, well trained and equipped arrested him at daylight from his own shop. Two days later it seems that some kidnappers are asking some ransom for his release, a just 50,000 $!! A number far beyond his capability.
We as his family gathered and prepared that sum. My older brother negotiated with the kidnappers, trying to down that sum but now way, Marouf was begging him by cell phone to pay it as a loan and he will sell his own little house to pay that loan back if this nightmare goes to an end.
Finally we paid it and the kidnappers assured us that they will release Marouf and he will be at home at 1500 hour Sunday 12Th of may .But….
Instead of that, some people found his body thrown on the gate of a Sunni mosque to the east of that dame cursed Baghdad!! Yes, they murdered him after horribly torturing him and broke his hand with some burning signs on his body by two bullets in the face. What barbarian and savages they were?
Yes the killed him after they get the ransom they asked and after they tortured him leaving behind him a widow and Four kids joining to the ever increasing Iraqi war orphans list and a debt of 50,000$.
This is a scene from the new Iraq!! After 27 months from the end of the military operations. This is a scene from the Gate of Hell opened wide and so wide in our country.
No one knows who they are, and why they did what they done.
Marouf and his family were victims foe some Sheii Moslems (and Islam is completely innocent from them) extremists called" Badir Forces" .and Iranian organized, funded and supported terrorists. who starts to terminate any Sunni Moslems how denies the dominating rules of them from the former military officers , Baath party members ,professors, doctors and normal civilians like Marouf.
After this long time from the war, death with its red and black colors is the only dominating features of live in Iraq. No one can assure his safe back home journey if he left his home for even to the nearby bakery!
Above all the Multi national forces are still wondering in the cities of Iraq making their bodies target to the oppositions who will be so glad if they killed one MNF military guys even with causing some100 Iraqi causalities!!
Wonder when they will leave the main cities and stay just in camps of forts??
Oh My Dear Brother! How savages where your murderers? And How Big and heavy responsibility been added on me to look after your orphans? And I will do .this will be a word of honor.
May Almighty let your soul stay in Peace?
Amen
Wahab
Your ever sincere brother

7 Comments:

Blogger VoLtim@ said...

I'm so sorry for your pain.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Bruno said...

Words are but small things with which to ease the pain of another, but they are all we have. This is a terrible thing to happen; especially to a man with a family to care for. It seems the only news from Iraq these days is the news of death and carnage. My sincere condolences.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Konfused Kid said...

My dear brother...

I read your story and I felt it severly. I am sorry and angry and hurt for your loss and I pray that Allah may kick their stupid little asses in the darkest of his hells. Amen!

Have mercy on his soul and in heaven by his will.

7:41 PM  
Blogger AL-Shekhili said...

Voltim ,bruno &the_kid himself : Thanks for your true feelings , Bless you all

8:07 PM  
Blogger olivebranch said...

So sorry, If you ever decide you need to get the kids or the whole family out of Iraq and find a new life, contact me.

I am more than happy to find funding and sponsorship to have people in need brought from your country to come live with me here in Perth, Western Australia where we have never once seen war.

I have no good words to say that will help, but I assure you that I will pray for you and your family and new found struggles to be looked after by god.

So So sorry for your loss, and don't give up your writing, your story will be on my blog very soon to let people in the Western world know what is happening as a result of their support for the Badir Corps.

My thoughts, heart and prayers are with you always

Luke(y)

1:39 PM  
Blogger cyberhouri said...

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I couldn't even read your post at first, my tears blurred the page. It is so important that you tell the world about the injustices Iraqis are going through. I admire you very much for sharing such a painful event, though it is hard, it furthers understanding and truth. My deepest condolences.

11:27 PM  
Blogger cyberhouri said...

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I couldn't even read your post at first, my tears blurred the page. It is so important that you tell the world about the injustices Iraqis are going through. I admire you very much for sharing such a painful event, though it is hard, it furthers understanding and truth. My deepest condolences.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home